Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 1014 not working!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jon P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Help! I am shooting a documentary for a tv company about a murder comitted in 1975 that has never been solved. I have borrowed a friends 1014 to shoot some stuff to give a feel of the 70's and turned up day one and it is not working! This is really embarassing and frustrating as my own super8 works perfectly but I left it at home.

    The problem seems to be a power issue it has new batteries but when you push the battery test, zip, nothing! the only thing that works is the zoom wich runs off a seperate set of batteries (I think) located on the body. Any ideas why it is not working? I can only think that there is a broken connection between the batteries in the handle and the motor and electronics in the body.

    Any advice greatfully accepted.

    Jon.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dude, that really sucks. I'm looking at my 1014 AZ and really have no idea, I've never taken it apart before. Is the metal piece in the cap still there and not bent? Are the batteries snug in the compartment? Are the batteries in the correct way? (sounds stupid but, could happen, the compartment isn't marked very well on the direction of the batteries.)

    Good luck,
    scott

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jon P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Checked all that stuff out and have drawn a blank. It is difficult to work out where and how the power leaves the battery pack it must be through the hinge at the top of the handle but on close inspection I can't see any wires.

    Thanks anyway.

  4. #4
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar

    Post

    There has been reports on Canons that mave started to operate after some time when they have been "worked on" the way you do. Try to put batteries in and out, store it upside down for a while, shake it etc. If you are lucky this may do the trick.

    There are also toe very effienect products from CRC taht might be sparayed inti tehbatt compartmenst/main swithes:

    ? Contact cleaner
    ? Electronics cleaner.

    Very efficient and should at least be tried if nothing else works.

    R

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •